Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Horrible Weekend

This past weekend I caught that terrible stomach virus. I spent the first 14 hours vomiting, every hour! The next 36 hours were spent with awful stomach pains, the need to vomit but couldn't and extreme headaches. I have never been this sick in my entire life! I was very worried that being this sick would somehow interfere with the IVF process, but luckily my doctor said it would have no effect on it. The really crappy thing about being this sick and doing this at the same time is that you can't stop giving yourself injections. I remember hugging the trash can and having Chris prep the syringe for me so I could quickly inject myself beofre vomiting again. Not a pretty picture! I was so sick on Sunday that I wasn't able to go to my dr appt or get my blood drawn. I'm so glad that I have an understanding dr and she let me wait one more day before I had to get off the bathroom floor and come into the office.

Monday's visit revealed some unexpected info.....we were very close to the retrieval date. We picked up 3 more follicles and they were all growing very well. The uterine lining looked nice and thick and my estridol levels were progressing nicely. Based on that info, the dr. thought we might be doing the retrieval on Friday morning! She wanted to see me back on Wednesday to do another ultrasound to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment