Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I've officially been impregnated!!

The big day finally arrived and we had our embryo transfer on Monday. We had 2 embryos that were grade 2 with at least 6-8 cells, so they decided Monday was the day. The whole process was really quick and pretty painless. In fact, it was very similar to an IUI, but done in an OR with a creepy table and huge stirrups. We got to watch on the TV as the embryologist sucked up the embryos into a catheter and brought them into our room. That was pretty neat to actually see them. They gave us a picture of them to take home with us. How neat to be able to see how human life starts out. Hopefully one day we'll be able to show that to our kids! They wheeled me back to the room and I laid flat on my back for 45 mins. and then we went home. They recommend you stay on modified bed rest for at least 24 hours and I had no problem doing that.

It's weird that I can say I did IVF and it's all over. I can't believe how fast those 6 weeks went by!!!! Now I just have to survive until the blood test on the 19th!

No comments:

Post a Comment