Friday, March 19, 2010

No doubt about it!

I finally had my blood test today. It's funny because I've already had 2 positive HPT but it wasn't until I could see what my levels were that I would really start to get excited. I had my blood drawn at 7:30am and was expecting a call around lunch with the results. But I didn't hear back from them until 3:00pm!! At least the news was excellent; a very positive test.

Here's the break down:
HCG: 340 (min. range 50-100)
Progesterone: 181.7 (min. 15)
Estrogen: 1382: (min. 300)

The progesterone and estrogen were so high that they wanted my to stop taking them. I'm a little nervous about that based on my previous history. But I have to remember that these levels are really high and my body is doing what it's supposed to. They want me to come back in 1 week and do the blood work again and have an ultrasound in 3 weeks. I talked to my nurse and told her about my concerns with levels suddenly dropping and I convinced her to let me get my blood work done on Tuesday and Friday of next week. :)

I do feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders today. I can relax a little, but I'll still be really nervous until our ultrasound in 3 weeks.

Here are the HPT from Tuesday and Wednesday. It's amazing how much darker that 2nd line got in just 1 day!

No comments:

Post a Comment