Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lupron - the 1st shot

Saturday morning finally arrived and I was a little annoyed I had to get up early on a Saturday. The Luron must be taken in the morning and at the same time every day. Since I leave my house for work at 6:50am every morning during the week, I now have to get up at that time on the weekends. I gathered all my supplies, Lupron vial, alcohol wipes and syringe and headed back to the bathroom. The funny thing was that I was actually a little giddy about this and was really excited to finally get this going. I picked my spot on my stomach where I would be injecting and wiped it with an alcohol wipe, wiped the top of the vial with a wipe and took the cap of the needle and stared at it for a few moments. Then I inserted the needle and drew up the meds, 10cc worth of hormone goodness. I pinched my stomach and got ready to insert the needle, but I found myself just staring at it in the mirror. The stupid thing is I had to pump myself up and say out loud, I can do this, I can do this. After chanting that a few times, but quickly jammed the needle in my stomach and injected the meds. And surprisingly, it didn't hurt! I spent some much time dreading and worrying about it and it wasn't even that bad! I CAN do this!!!

Sunday and Monday were pretty much the same. I find that I have to pump myself up before I can inject the needle. Sunday's injection didn't feel very good, but I think it's because I'm still figuring out the technique. I do alternate between the right and the left side and I the right hurts more then the left. Hopefully I'll get better at this over the next few days! And the excitement has defiantly worn off. This isn't 'fun and new' anymore and I'm counting down the days until I don't have to be a pin cushion. Sadly, I know that next week is going to be even worse; 2 shots a day, blood draws every couple of days and v. ultrasounds. The fun is just beginning.........

No comments:

Post a Comment