Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The first few days

I'm starting this a little late, but it's better late then never. In January, we meet with the fertility doctor again and sort of ironed out our plans. The first step was to wait for my monthly visit before we could start any meds. The clinic had found that women who come off all their meds and have one 'natural' cycle before starting treatments, have a higher success rate then those who don't. And for the first time in my life, it was late! We were a little pressed for time because we were going on our first cruise Feb. 6 and I did not want to worry about any of that while on vacation! She finally showed up 2 weeks before the cruise and we were finally able to get started. The next step was to start birth control pills..... I know that sounds a little counterproductive, but they want to make sure they control your hormones and you didn't spontaneously ovulate. So I started my pack on 1/25/10and will take them for about 3 weeks. We scheduled another appt. to meet with the dr. again the day after we get back from our cruise to go over more dates and to do the injection training. The more I think about it, the more our cruise was well timed. It was wonderful to relax and enjoy our time together before I become a hormone enraged psycho-path!

No comments:

Post a Comment