Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The dreaded injections!!!

When I first found out we were actually going to be doing IVF, to say I was over joyed is an understatement. I never in my life ever thought I would be able to say "I'm doing IVF" and I still get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. But, there was always this awful word that scared me to death; INJECTIONS! To be honest, there have been times when I thought I wouldn't be able to do this because I hate needles!! In doing some research about IVF, I found out that there would be daily injections and half would be subcutaneous (just under the skin) and half would be intramuscular (in the muscle, in the butt!). On average, most people's IVF cycles are around 6-8 weeks long and during that time, you have to give yourself multiple injections everyday. I did a little math and calculated I would have to give my self around 55 shots!!! That really freaks me out!!!



Most people dread coming home from their vacations, but I was really dreaded coming home from our cruise because that next day we were meeting with the dr. again and getting injection training.

No comments:

Post a Comment